Mom to Mom: Ice cream in a bag
Ice cream in a bag
Today on Mom to Mom, I bring you ice cream in a bag.
It never fails, whenever you get that ice cream craving, you never have it in the freezer, nor do you have a machine to make it. That’s why I love this way of making ice cream.
It’s so easy, even your kids can help you with it. To make this ice cream in a bag, we’re going to:
- Start with a quart-size Ziploc bag
- Place your ingredients in there
- First, you want to do a cup of your half and half cream
- Then you’re going to add a tablespoon of sugar
- Then you’re going to do 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- And then you’re going to seal the bag
- Then you’re going to take your gallon-sized bag, along with your ice, and put the ice in that bag. Now, you’re going to take your salt. It’s going to take about 1/4 of a cup of salt. Pour that right on top of the ice.
Now, comes the fun part.
- You put your mixture into the gallon bag
- then you’re going to shake it for six to 10 minutes
- It is going to get cold because the salt makes the ice a lot colder than it is
- You might want to use some oven gloves or some mitts, whatever you have, and just shake it like crazy
- This is where my kids like to have a lot of fun with it
- Once your ice cream is cold enough, you can enjoy it. And the best part, you don’t have to make a special trip to the store.