Complete Streets Macon passes unanimously
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) —The Macon-Bibb County Commission unanimously passed the Complete Streets Policy ordinance in an effort to create safer streets for everyone in Macon.
The ordinance will work towards making the transportation network in Macon more comprehensive and accessible to all. This decision results in a new focus on planning, designing, and installing safer infrastructure for all modes of transportation.
Complete Streets will bring new construction, repairs, repaving, and major maintenance that will allow for the safer inclusion of pedestrians, bicyclists, and others on Macon roads.
In the ordinance it is stated that these improvements include but are not limited to:
- Pavement markings and signs
- Sidewalk safety improvements such as medians, curb extensions, and crosswalks
- Americans with Disabilities Act accessible curb ramps and accessible pedestrian signals
- Transit stops and signage
- Bike lanes and bicycle parking facilities
- street trees, landscaping, street lighting, and street furniture