Two manufactured homes destroyed by fire within two days

MILLEDGEVILLE, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Two manufactured homes were destroyed by fire this week in Milledgeville.
   A man was injured when gas splashed on him as he was lighting a propane heater. His camper at the Gotcha Towing Company on Highway 49 went up in flames Monday around 11 p.m., according to Baldwin County Fire Investigator Billy Benzur.
    The unidentified man was taken to the hospital with burns to his feet and hands.
The following day, Benzors says a double-wide manufactured home at 127-A Old Stage Dr., was fully engulfed in flames when Baldwin County Fire Fighters arrived Tuesday around 8 p.m.
   Fire investigators say that blaze started when bedroom sheets caught on fire from an electrical space heater.
   “You never really know when your appliance is going to fail on you and so the way you can arm yourself of course is making sure you got good smoke detectors that work and fire extinguishers,” said Benzur.
   Benzur says this season is a busy time of year for fire fighters because people are using more space heaters during the winter months.
   He urges residents to be more cautious when using fire places, gas or electrical space heaters.

Categories: Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *