UPDATE: List of Middle Georgia schools closed Friday due to flooding
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Here’s a list of schools being impacted by Thursday’s severe weather. We’ll add updates as we get them.
As of Thursday, February 6 at 8:40 p.m.
- All Dodge County Schools classes canceled. Staff to report at 9 a.m. (Dodge County Schools Facebook)
- All Jasper County Schools classes canceled. A Facebook post by the school system says employees should work at thier discretion as there are many areas significantly impacted by the heavy rain. Supervisors will work with employees who cannot make it to work safely. (Jasper County Schools Facebook)
- All Johnson County Schools classes canceled due to unknown road conditions. (Johnson County Schools Facebook)
- All Laurens County Schools classes are canceled. Staff will report from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. School leaders will work with any staff members who may have any unsafe road conditions. (Laurens County Schools Facebook)
- All Treutlen County Schools classes are canceled. Staff will not report. (Treutlen County Schools Facebook)
- All Wheeler County Schools classes canceled. Staff to report at 9 a.m. (Wheeler County Elementary School Facebook)