Blackened Salmon and Watermelon Salad
Cooking With Chef Scottie
– Bacon, 2 to 3 strips
– Salmon, small pieces
– Fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
– Cajun seasoning, 1 T
– Creole seasoning, 1 T
– Blackend seasoning, 1 T
– Duck fat or olive oil, 1 T
– Fresh Watermelon, small chunks
– Spring mix lettuce
– Feta Cheese
– Vinaigrette Dressing of choice
1. Cook bacon until crispy, drain and set aside
2. Remove skin from Salmon, if wanted. Cut into small chunks and season with next four ingredients. Let sit for 15-20 min to absorb the flavors, while preheating pan.
3. Add duck fat or olive oil to pan and cook salmon for about 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Cut watermelon into small chunks or desired choice.
5. Arrange lettuce in a bowl, then top with Salmon, watermelon, bacon, and feta cheese. Finish with vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy!!!