UPDATE: Wellness Center, Navicent Health reopens after carbon monoxide leak

MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – The Wellness Center, Navicent Health reopened after a mechanical issue involving a corroded boiler closed the facility.

According to a news release, on Saturday the corroded boiler allowed carbon monoxide to leak in the center. Two members who were in the room at the time started experiencing effects of the carbon monoxide.

They were both treated at Medical Center, Navicent Health. 

The center immediately closed until experts identified the problem and removed the boiler. After several tests, there is no longer a threat at the facility.

The center reopen around 12:00 p.m. Monday

No one else at the center has shown side effects of the carbon monoxide.

Categories: Bibb County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *