Tybee Island prepares for Orange Crush
TYBEE ISLAND, Ga. (AP) – Tybee Island officials say that after nearly a year of planning, they are ready for the expected spring beach party known as “Orange Crush.”
The Savannah Morning News reports that Tybee Island Police Chief Bob Bryson told the city’s public safety committee Tuesday that his department has received commitments of support from other law enforcement agencies, Tybee hospitality professionals and residents.
Police are hoping to avoid a repeat of last year’s events, which included more than 30 arrests and two shootings. Some Tybee residents say the party goers can get out of hand and also leave behind trash on the beach.
Bryson says his department will be reinstituting safety checks for travelers heading off the island.
Orange Crush is slated to take place from April 15 to April 17.
Information from: Savannah Morning News, http://www.savannahnow.com
(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
2/25/2016 10:29:33 AM (GMT -5:00)