Safety tips for children on Halloween
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Coliseum Medical Centers is hoping everyone in Middle Georgia has a fun and safe Halloween night.
Keilah Jones, RN, stopped by the 41NBC studio to talk about precautions children and adults can take to stay safe.
Here’s a list provided to 41NBC from the Pediatric ER at the Coliseum.
- Stick to familiar areas that are well lit.
- Trick-or-treat in groups so you’re more likely to be seen.
- Children under 12-years-old should trick-or-treat with an adult.
- Always assume that drivers cannot see you, especially at night.
- Inspect candy before eating and toss anything that isn’t commercially wrapped.
- Choose light colored clothing or costumes.
- Avoid carrying swords, sticks, and other sharp objects.