Houston County DA seeking death penalty of inmate
UPDATE: Houston Judicial Circuit District Attorney George Hartwig, will seek the death penalty and Notice of Statutory Aggravating Circumstances on Daniel Bruce Franz, II, for 2018 murders.
Franz is charged with the January 13, murder of Janak Patel. He is also charged with armed robbery of the Chevron gas station in Warner Robins where Patel was working on the night of the killing.
Franz is also charged with murder in the shooting death of Parker Moore during an armed robbery at Barberitos in Warner Robins on January 21. The indictment also charges him with the attempted murder of Jordan Christian during the Barberitos robbery.
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) — A Houston County Superior Court judge sentenced 28-year-old Daniel Bruce Franz, II, to 25 years in prison.
A jury convicted Franz on July 17th in Houston County Superior Court for the following offenses:
- Voluntary Manslaughter
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
According to a Houston County DA news release, the charges stemmed from a shooting that happened January 13, 2018, at Tanglewood Apartments in Warner Robins.
The news release says that Franz shot and killed Vincent Junior after Junior robbed Franz of a bag of marijuana.
According to the news release, witnesses testified the following:
- Franz and Vincent got into an argument in the living room, because Vincent wanted some marijuana from Franz
- Franz went to the kitchen area, and Vincent followed him with a gun
- Vincent robbed Franz of a bag of marijuana.
- Vincent later bragged that he got “a sack” from Franz
- Franz returned and shot Vincent once in the left lower chest and twice in the middle of the back, causing Vincent’s death
- The news release says that Franz then fled the apartment.
Leave a Reply