Historic Macon looking for nominees for next ‘Fading Five’
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Historic Macon is looking for the next five places in Macon-Bibb that need to be saves.
The “Fading Five” list will help the organization make a plan to save the buildings and sites, according to a news release from Historic Macon. Historic Macon began Macon’s Fading Five in August 2015. Four of the five properties from the inaugural list have been saved. The property that hasn’t been saved will stay on the list until the preservation committee deems an adequate preservation solution has been applied to the property.
Nominations should include the following information:
- Street address of endangered property and name in applicable
- Photo of property in its current state
- Nature of the threat to the property and its current condition
- Name and contact information for the individual or group submitting the nomination
- Any known historical information about the property (year built, architect, past owners, etc.)
- Name and contact information for the current property owner (if available)
Nomination forms can be submitted on Historic Macon’s website. Downloaded nomination forms should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Macon’s Fading Five” or mailed to PO Box 13358, Macon, GA 31208.
The next list will be announced in August.
Leave a Reply