Family of six escape house fire on Central Avenue

(41NBC/WMGT) – Macon-Bibb County’s Fire Department says an overload of drop chords caused a house fire on 554 Central Avenue in west Macon.

Dale Arthur, 43, and his wife Kimberly, 28, say they heard popping sound and smoke coming from their living room. Shortly after, fire spread around the home.

That’s when Kimberly evacuated her children-who we’re sitting down eating at the time-from the home.

Dale says the family recently moved from New York to build their family, and now, they can no longer return to their home.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do I just want to be strong for my kids,” says Arthur.

Investigator B. Gleaton says the home built in 1927 was engulfed in flames, but the crew was able to get everyone to safety.

No one was injured during the incident.

Categories: Bibb County, Local News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *