Church generator blamed in carbon monoxide death

(WHO) One person is dead and 14 others were sickened in a carbon monoxide poisoning at a church in Iowa Sunday.

Emergency crews were called to a church in Marshalltown Sunday afternoon on a report of several people who reported symptoms of being dizzy and having nausea.

When members of the Marshalltown Fire Department arrived, they had to carry three people outside of the church. They observed people suffering from an altered level of consciousness, headaches, nausea, and cherry red skin – all typical symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Seven of the initial 15 people who were sickened had to be transferred by air ambulance to other hospitals for treatment. Their conditions have not been made available.

The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a large gasoline generator operating in the basement. Officials say there was not electricity or gas service hooked up to the church at the time of the incident.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2zkLWLo

Categories: Across the Nation, US & World News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *