Daybreak Segment: How to make Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Veggie Pizza
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Pizza is a food most people enjoy, but isn’t always the healthiest option.
Chef Scottie Johnson, a private chef from Warner Robins and a winner of the first ever Georgia Seafood Festival, sent in a video to show us how to make a healthier pizza option, sun-dried tomato pesto veggie pizza.
Click on the video to see how to make it.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Veggie Pizza
– 8.75 oz pizza crust (your choice)
– 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
– sun dried tomato pesto sauce, 1/4 cup or enough to cover crust
– 1/4 cup mozzarella or cheese of choice
– 1/4 cup fresh spinach
– 1/4 cup bell peppers (red, green, yellow) diced
– 1/4 cup onions, diced
– fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven according to packaged pizza crust. Brush crust with olive oil and sauce, cheese, spinach, bell peppers, onions and any remaining cheese. Place in oven and bake 8-10 min. Add fresh basil for garnish