MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Struggling to find just a bit more space for your home to store your things? Professional organizer Andi Willis says that using storage hooks is her trick to maximize real estate.
Andi suggests using Command brand hooks, because they’re easy to use, versatile, and don’t damage the surfaces they’re meant to adhere to.
Here are a few of her suggestions where hooks can be used:
- In the kitchen, particularly behind the cupboard door. As an example, Andi uses utensil hooks to store the lids on her water bottles.
- The laundry room or broom closet. Hanging your brooms and mops on a set of hooks can keep them from simply just being on the floor.
- On the side of a dresser. If you use a purse, a well-placed hook can be a quick and easy way to keep it in the same place all the time.
- The nightstand. Having one here can be the perfect area to store cables and plug-ins that are used to charge your mobile devices each night.
- The computer room. A few hooks in the right places can keep those headphones and webcams out of the way until they’re ready to use.
If you have any suggestions for Andi to feature next on Good Life Organizing, you can email her directly at email@example.com.
And for more suggestions on how to keep your life perfectly organized, you can also visit Andi’s website at www.goodlifeorganizing.net.