FORSYTH, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – A gas leak in downtown Forsyth forced police to reroute traffic, Monday morning due to a gas leak.
The gas leak happened in front of the Monroe Board of Education building, located at 25 Brookly Ave., at 10:43 a.m., according to Forsyth Fire Chief, David Herndon.
Forsyth police closed Brookly Avenue sending drivers through side streets.
According to Forsyth Fire Chief, construction crews were working nearby Brookly Avenue.
“Contractors working in the area accidentally hit a service line,” said David Herndon.
Forsyth police reopened the road, shortly after closing it, around 11:30 a.m.
None of the buildings in downtown Forsyth were evacuated.
Copyright 2014 WMGT-DT