POOLER, Ga. (AP) - Authorities say employees were forced to evacuate a Hardee's in southeast Georgia after the restaurant's fryer caught fire. The fire broke out before dawn Tuesday at the eatery in Pooler a few miles west of Savannah, according to sources. Firefighters quickly arrived to find smoke pouring from the restaurant's roof and doors.
Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons says no one was injured and a quick response by employees allowed firefighters to contain and extinguish it within about five minutes of arriving. The fire chief says the Hardee's may have to stay closed through Wednesday to allow for necessary cleanup and repairs.