At tonight's Bibb County Board of Education meeting all the nominees for Bibb County teacher of the year were recognized for their hard work and excellence in education. The selection was narrowed down to the top five tonight.
This year's finalists are:
- Thiago Rodrigues Aleixo, Elam Alexander
- Paul Allen from Southwest High School
- Deborah H. Braswell, Miller Magnet Middle School
- Tomika Y. Jones, Bruce Elementary School
- Lisa D. Thompson, Rutland High School.
The teachers have a lot to live up to since last years teacher of the year, Jadun McCarthy was the states top pick.
"We have a great five that are following him and representing the hard work that goes on everyday in the Bibb County classrooms," says Julie Moore, Executive Director, Education First.
The Bibb County winner will be announced on November 14th. That individual will go on to the state-wide competition in hopes of securing the title of "Georgia Teacher of the Year" for Bibb County once again.