An early morning house fire on Wednesday in Cochran sends a man to the hospital.It happened around 4:30 am at 1073 Highway 87 North.
According to Randy Windham, with the Cochran-Bleckley County Fire Department, the fire started in a bedroom of the home when curtains touched a space heater.
Marshall Johnson and two others where inside the home. Johnson suffered burns on his chest and legs after he grabbed the burning curtains and put them in a bathtub.
Thanks to Johnson's quick thinking there was minimal damage to the house. Johnson is recovering at the Augusta Burn Center.