MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - The Bibb County School District announces there will be no school on Monday.
The school system's central office will also be closed. School faculty and staff are not to report to work.
In a release, the Bibb County School District says it met with the National Weather Service and Macon-Bibb County Emergency Management Agency before making the call.
"The National Weather Service is predicting precipitation in the Macon area around midday Monday," the release stated. "Afterward, temperatures are expected to drop drastically and quickly, meaning any precipitation could turn into black ice. The wind chill could potentially fall as low as -3 degrees later Monday."
The school district will have another briefing Monday afternoon to determine if school will be delayed or closed on Tuesday.
- Use the 41NBC First Alert Storm Team Interactive Weather Map
- 41First Alert Radar
- Download Middle Georgia's ONLY Weather App: 41First Alert Weather App
- Twiggs County Schools (Staff to report at 9am)
- Dublin City Schools (Opening 2 hours late)
- Tattnall Square Academy (Staff to report at 9am)
- Wilkinson County Schools (Releasing students early Monday. Wilkinson County Primary and Elementary will dismiss at 1. The Middle and High Schools will dismiss at 1:15.)
- Childcare Network Centers in Macon (Opening 2 hours late)
- The Bibb County Georgia Pre-K Program
Houston County schools are open Monday. M.A. Evans private school and Gantts Pre-School in Unionville will be open Monday, but closed Tuesday.
Hancock County schools will be closed on Tuesday.