PERRY, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - A 55-year-old Houston County man is dead after a fire engulfed his home. According to Houston County Fire Chief Jimmy Williams, Kenneth Lumpkin's remains were found inside the home located on 106 Anna's Way in Perry. Williams says the incident was caused by a space heater that was near the back of the home when the fire started. Next door neighbor Gail Carroll remembers Lumpkin as a kind man and believes this incident deeply saddens the community. “The house and things can be replaced, but Kenneth Lumpkin cannot be replaced. Our hearts go out to them. We're praying for their family,” says Carroll. Firemen received a call around 10:15 p.m. on Saturday evening, and shortly after arrived to find the home in full flames streaming through the doors and rooftop. "We're doing an investigation at this time," says Williams. Lumpkin lived at the home with his wife Shirley Lumpkin.