WARNER ROBINS, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) -- Warner Robins City Councilman Mike Daley said Tuesday he will run for re-election of Post 1.
In an email Daley said he will qualify Wednesday at "high noon." He also sent the following statement:
"I am asking the voters of our great city to once again support me as their representative to Council Post 1. The voters put me in this office four years ago and with their blessing, I would like to continue the work for the citizens of Warner Robins for another four years.
The "Mayor and Council" as a unified team has worked hard over my tenure on council to keep our city in sound financial condition and to ensure that our hard working employees have the tools necessary to provide the services required by our citizens.
- We have filled in and expanded our boundaries in order to keep property taxes low.
- We have purchased property for a "Sports Complex" which will take advantage of our central location, attracting visitors and generating revenue for our city.
- We are securing property in the southeast portion of our city to build a much needed fire station.
- We have provided the State of Georgia with a tract of land for a ten million dollar Veterans Training Center will bring jobs and provide a means of transition for our veterans from their former military job to civilian employment.
- We have purchased blighted "Walker's Pond" in order to clean it up and provide a passive park for our citizens.
- We are involved in economic development opportunities with Houston and Peach Counties to bring more jobs and tax revenues to our city.
This is just to name a few our recent projects. We are working hard and we have a great team!
I would like to continue to be a member of the city team. I came into this office college educated with a ton of high level management experience and over the past four years have learned a great deal more specific to city government, finance and operations. I also feel that I have demonstrated the ability to be a viable team member willing to work hard and to do what is in the best interest of each and every citizen.
I urge every person in Warner Robins who can vote to register by October 7th and to get out and vote for the candidate of his or her choice on November 5th. I hope that I have earned their trust so when they cast their vote for Council Post 1 they will do so for Mike Daley.
I will continue to "WORK FOR YOU DALEY"."
Last week, Warner Robins Mayor Chuck Shaheen announced he won't be running for re-election, but is seeking Daley's seat on council.