MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – A shooting review board met Wednesday morning to discuss the Macon police officer involved shooting at the Kroger on Pio Nono Avenue last December.
The review board consists of Macon police command staff, two members from an outside CALEA accredited law enforcement agency, and two civilians, former Bibb County solicitor Otis Scarbury and former Board of Regents member Connie Carter.
Macon Police Internal Affairs director Captain Jimmy Barbee tells 41NBC the meeting started at 10 a.m. and ended just before 11:30 a.m.
The board met to review the shooting death of Sammie Davis Jr. According to the city spokesman Chris Floore, the board reviewed the case files, policies, and procedures to see if Officer Clayton Sutton broke any protocols during the shooting incident in front of the grocery store.
Macon police spokeswoman Jami Gaudet says they are not releasing any information about the meeting until city leaders are contacted and updated. Floore says the board will make a recommendation to Deputy Chief Mike Carswell and Macon Mayor Robert Reichert. They the will review it and make any final decisions.
No word on when that decision will be made.
Last month, Bibb County District Attorney David Cooke announced he was not filing criminal charges against Sutton for killing Davis, calling the shooting tragic but justified.
Stay with 41NBC and 41NBC.com for updates.