MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - Macon-Bibb County firefighters ruled Wednesday night's apartment fire in North Macon as accidental.
Lieutenant Ellen Kicklighter tells 41NBC cigarette butts in pine straw started the fire at Lullwater at Bass apartments. The flames were contained in the column of the apartment building.
Kicklight says it took firefighters about an hour to put out the flames. Firewalls installed in the roof helped keep the blaze under control.
One unit was damaged and there was minimal smoke and water damage in the others.