Be prepared to vote on election day!
How do I register to vote?
How do I request an absentee ballot?
Where do I vote on Election Day?
What type of ID do I need to vote?
How do I contact the Macon Bibb County Board of Elections?
How do I contact the Houston County Board of Elections?
State of Georgia Elections Portal
Protecting Voting Rights and Prosecuting Voter Fraud
Election Crimes and the FBI
Stay with 41NBC News for all of your Election Coverage.
ATLANTA (AP) - Republican Mitt Romney has won Georgia, a state dominated by the GOP. He picks up its 16 electoral votes.
Early returns and exit polling show Romney defeating President Barack Obama in Georgia. Obama also failed to carry the state in 2008.
Romney had been a favorite to win in the state where Republicans hold every statewide office and have wide majorities in the Legislature.
The former Massachusetts governor placed second in Georgia's presidential primary in March, behind former Georgia Congressman and House Speaker Newt Gingrich. Gingrich later dropped out of the race.
Georgia was never considered a key state in the presidential contest. Both Romney and Obama raised money in Georgia, but neither candidate mounted a major campaign in the state.
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – It may not be the nicest way to say it but Danny Glover and his organization want people to shut up and vote.
On Sunday, Shut Up and Vote 2012 members in Macon canvassed neighborhoods to keep the election momentum alive. While President Obama and Governor Romney made final attempts to woo undecided voters, Glover and his group spent the weekend informing registered voters on where to go on Election Day.
"You kind of see a slump on Sunday," said Danny Glover with Shut Up and Vote 2012, "we want to make sure the message is alive."
In 2008, reports show that more young people voted than ever before. Glover's goal is to make sure that happens again. To learn more about Shut Up and Vote 2012, visit the website at www.shutupandvote2012.org.
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) - The Twiggs County Commission Chairman's seat is up for grabs in this year's election. And Glen Christopher says, he should be the man for the job.
Christopher joined us in our Daybreak studio, to discuss why he's entering politics for the first time, and how he plans to represent the people of Twiggs County.
Christopher's opponent, Ken Fowler, was not able to make an interview, citing a scheduling conflict.
More Headlines From 41NBC.com:
- Crawford County Sheriff Candidate Talks About Race
- Young Voters Hold "Tweet-Up" During Macon Candidates' Forum
- Court Orders Bibb Superior Clerk Candidate to Pay $40,000 in Unpaid Student Debt
- Georgia Association of Black Elected Officials to Hold Fall Conference in Macon this Weekend
- Bibb County Residents Weigh In: Do Debates Really Matter?
- Georgia's Democrats May Challenge Voter ID Law in Court
- Voter Registration Ends Tuesday, Thousands of New Bibb County Voters
- NBC/WSJ Poll: Optimism in Obama Presidency Increases
- Candidate for Chairman Unveils 365-Day Plan for Bibb County
- Rep. John Barrow Explains Why He Skipped DNC
- Congressman Returns to Macon for Re-Election Campaign Kickoff
- Middle Georgia Delegates Amped Up for RNC
- Incumbent Susan Sipe Beats Out Merritt Johnson for Bibb School Board, District 3 Democratic Bid
- Lucas Unseats Paris in State Senate District 26 Democratic Run-off
- Thelma Dillard Wins Bibb Board of Education, District 2 Seat
- Ella Carter to Keep District 1 Seat on School Board
- District 26 Race Intensifies Over Negative Campaigning
- Paris and Lucas Prepare for Run-Off Election
- Internet Video Causes Stir in Bibb County BOE District 2 Race
- House District 139 Race Heats Up Over "Race"
- Mitt Romney Names Paul Ryan as VP Candidate
- Senator Miriam Paris Announces New Endorsements in Bid for Re-Election
- Senator Miriam Paris Picks up Key Endorsements in Bid for Re-Election
- Gary Bechtel Defeats Mallory Jones, Ed Bond in Bibb Commission District 3 Race
- Candidates in Bibb County Use "Indoor Methods" to Contact Constituents
- Dillard Kicks Off Campaign for Bibb School Board
- Elected Officials Answer Questions About Consolidation at Lake Tobesofkee
- Lake Wildwood Community Hosts Public Forum on Consolidation
- Gerald Harvey Picks Up Key Campaign Endorsements
- Albert Hall Kicks Off Campaign for Bibb County Sheriff