Be prepared to vote on election day!
How do I register to vote?
How do I request an absentee ballot?
Where do I vote on Election Day?
What type of ID do I need to vote?
How do I contact the Macon Bibb County Board of Elections?
How do I contact the Houston County Board of Elections?
State of Georgia Elections Portal
Protecting Voting Rights and Prosecuting Voter Fraud
Election Crimes and the FBI
Stay with 41NBC News for all of your Election Coverage.
MILLEDGEVILLE, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – A Milledgeville native announced he is seeking the Republican nomination for the open 10th Congressional district seat.
Stephen Simpson hopes to win the seat that is being vacated after Congressman Paul Broun announced in February he is running for the U.S. Senate in 2014.
"America is on the wrong track. We face a national debt that threatens national security, an administration incapable of telling the truth, and new big-government health care laws that burden businesses and hurt American workers," Simpson said in a news release.
Simpson served in the U.S. Army for 20 years. He worked at the Pentagon as an intelligence officer with the Defense Intelligence Agency and later for the Secretary of the Army in the office of Congressional Liaison.
"We are over-taxed, over-regulated and over-litigated and Georgia's $72 billion agriculture business is suffered under the strain of excessive federal regulation," Simpson stated. "I'm running because there's a crisis of leadership in Washington, D.C. I've served by country before and I'm ready to serve again."
Since retiring from the military, Simpson has worked in the banking industry and has owned a small business. He is married and has two sons.
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) -- There's still no word on when Bibb County Elections will happen.
On June 7th, Bibb County Attorney Virgil Adams sent a letter to the Department of Justice responding to all its questions regarding the request to move elections to July and switch to nonpartisan.
In that letter he asked the DOJ to respond by June 17th, or Bibb County might ask a federal court judge to step in.
Adams says as of right now he doesn't plan on taking legal action.
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Another Warner Robins City Council member says he's ready to take the lead of the International City.
Surrounded by family and close friends, council member Daron Lee announced he will run for mayor of Warner Robins.
"I will represent all of the people, not some of the people," Lee said during a news conference on Tuesday.
The council member and minister plans to push for public transit, recreation and economic development. He wants to focus on the senior citizens and the service men and women in the community.
"Those that serve Robins Air Force Base, it is important that continued support of Robins Air Force Base shall be a priority," Lee said.
Lee is the second city council member in the growing Warner Robins mayoral race. Warner Robins City. Council member Mike Brashear announced he will resign from his Council Four Post when he qualifies for the mayor's race in August. Chuck Chalk announced he will make another run for mayor. Chalk went head-to-head with Shaheen in the last election in 2009. Retired firefighter Randy Toms announced that he too will run.
Joe Musselwhite, Warner Robins Publics Works Director is expected to announce his bid on Tuesday at 5 p.m.
More Headlines From 41NBC.com:
- Macon-Bibb Elections Officially Postponed, No Date Set
- Retired Firefighter Announces Bid for Mayor of Warner Robins
- Paul Bronson Qualifies to Run for Commission
- Two More Qualify for Mayor of Macon-Bibb County
- Commissioner Joe Allen Running For Mayor
- Macon Councilman Louis Tompkins Running for District 5 Seat in Consolidated Commission
- Watkins Announces He'll Run for Commission
- Former Bibb Commission Chairman Running for Mayor
- Reichert, Ellis to Run for Mayor of New Consolidated Government
- Bibb County Leaders Pass Resolution to Set Date for Non-Partisan Elections
- Mallory Jones Running for District Four Commissioner of Consolidated Government
- Sam Hart Announces Campaign for Mayor of Consolidated Government
- Sam Hart to Announce Run for Mayor of Consolidated Government
- Former Macon City Councilman Announces Bid for Consolidated District Seven Seat
- Macon Council Asks U.S. Department of Justice to Look into Changed Voting Procedures
- Henry Ficklin Running for Bibb Commission, Says County Needs Experience in New Government
- Danny Glover Running for County Commission
- City Councilwoman Elaine Lucas to Run for New Consolidated Government
- Macon Councilman Ed DeFore Running for Seat on Consolidated Government
- Macon Councilman Running for Seat on Consolidated Government
- Meet the Candidates in Run Off Election for Wilcox County Sheriff
- Taylor Co. Commission Race All Tied Up; Community Surpised by Results
- President Barack Obama Re-elected to Second Term
- Georgia Voters OK Charter Schools Amendment
- Joe Allen Keeps District 4 Seat on Bibb Commission
- Lester Miller Wins Bibb BOE District Four Seat
- Bibb Chair Re-Elected for One More Year
- Romney Wins Georgia, Picks Up 16 Electoral Votes
- Shut Up and Vote Urges People to the Polls
- Glen Christopher Enters Politics, Based On Tax Increase In Twiggs County