MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) -- Tybee Island Social Club Owner and Executive Chef Kurtis Schumm stopped by Daybreak for a special edition of Melissa's Recipe Box. The restaurant is known for its fresh catches, great pairings, and laid back setting. Chef Schumm shared what he calls, "Tybee Island Skillet Seared Diver Scallops."
Tybee Island Social Club is located at 1311 Butler Avenue, Tybee Island, GA 31328. For more information visit www.tybeeislandsocialclub.com.
Ingredients (two servings):
Four diver scallops
Small bunch of fresh parsley and a few fresh basil leaves
Two teaspoons of Boursin cheese
Two dashes of heavy cream
Black salt to taste
White pepper to taste
1. Pat dry scallops and set aside covered.
2. Set our Boursin cheese and allow to reach room temperature.
3. Cut raddish into small sticks to resemble matchsticks. Chop parsley and basil and set aside.
4. Break up Boursin cheese in a mixing bowl, add dash of heavy cream and squeeze one small wedge of lemon. Whip until smooth. Add raddish and toss gently to combine.
5. Heat duck fat in large skillet over medium high "until rolling."
6. Add scallops, don't allow them to touch and sear until slightly translucent in the center.
7. Plate one heaping tablespoon of Boursin mixture in the center of plate, smash one side with back of spoon and over lap with two scallops.
8. Garnish with chiffonade of basil and parsley. Sprinkle black salt and white pepper over all.