NEW YORK (AP) - The Queens Museum of Art has been rebranded following a $68 million expansion and renovation.
The light-filled, airy and spacious building now called the Queens Museum opens to the public Nov. 9.
The museum was founded in 1972 and is housed in a building constructed as a pavilion for the 1939 World's Fair.
It has a dramatic 48-foot-tall atrium dominated by a monumental chandelier-like canopy of glass panels. Changing and commissioned works of art will be shown there.
Other artworks are located in six galleries that surround the atrium.
The museum is best known for its 9,000-square-foot panorama of New York City. It's the world's largest full-scale architectural model.
Nine artist studios, educational classrooms, a gift shop and cafeteria have been added.